Yes, you’re eyes have not deceived you, an award! A blogger award! I was tagged by the lovely Lauren @ Wordless Reviews. You cannot imagine how happy I was when I was reading Lauren’s post and saw that I had been tagged ❤️️; I still cannot believe it. Please check out her blog because it’s amazing. And thank you so much for tagging me, Lauren!
The tag was created by Okoto Enigma.
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog (I picked an alternate version of the logo).
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Answer questions of nominator.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question.
- Share your link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Me
- I am extremely shy and insecure about everything I do
- I’m afraid of most animals, though I find them cute, and I’m not
onlyrefering to animals that people are usually and rightfully afraid of , but nice, cuddly and not frightening animals, and pets, like cats, rabbits, hamsters… Until recently, I was also afraid of dogs, but I’m getting better at that
- I love languages, yet am too lazy to bother to learn or improve what I know (with the exception of English); I’ve went to German classes and tried services like Duolingo for German, Italian and French (in different ocasions, not at the same time). I’d like to change that but I can’t do it alone😅Do you recommend any platform to learn languages? Or any cartoon or TV show to learn those mentioned?
- Sorry this is so vague but here is an extra thing about me: I’m very undesicive; whenever people make me choose or tell something about myself, I forget everything I know
My Best Posts
I have so few posts still 😅 But I have some that are quite special for me, so I’ll like to share them with you:
My first review *blushes* I hope I can review a lot of books, but this is the first one I have posted and will always be special to me. Also, I love the series and the characters, so that’s a plus.
It’s no secret that 2016 was a difficult year for me. Reading-wise I call it the Year of Slumps (not to confuse with 2015, the Year of THE slump) so I was so happy to be able to read some amazing books.
A list, of course. I love lists. Of course, this is not my best post and even though there aren’t many book series in there, I am very proud of the ones I have finished, and I hope that, with time, the list continues to grow.
- Bonus: according to my stats, my most successful post is my sign up and TBR for Beat the Backlist. Other posts I like, because they’re either my firsts or they motivate me to read more: January TBR, Top 10 2017 Debuts I’m Excited for and Series to Finish in 2017.
1. A series that you hope to start or finish this year?
Wow, start and finish, that’s hard. I have a list of series I want to finish this year, but series I want to start AND finish… Let me think. Does The Selection count? I read most of book 1 in 2016 but finished it this year and it’s a reread, but I haven’t read all 5 books before, so does that count? I’ve also thought about Charlotte Holmes, which I’d like to read this year, but there is going to be a third book coming out in 2018. So, what is my answer? A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket (the photo tricked you, right?). I have just read the first book, The Bag Beginning for the first time and really enjoyed it! I know there are 13 books in the series, but they are fairly short and so fun and easy to read, so fingers crossed.
2. Current favourite song?
Ex’s and Oh’s by Elle King. I actually don’t listen a lot to the radio but I came up across a cover by Ashley Tisdale and Vanessa Hudgens and I’ve been replaying it over and over again. I’m a huge fan of High School Musical, especially the first one, and as Ashley says on the video, they never did a duet together! They both have fantastic voices and watching them sing together brought back soooo many memories. Go Wildcats!
3. ONE upcoming release that you could read right now if you had the chance?
This is a tricky question because I know that whatever I mention, I won’t be able to read it as soon as it comes out, though I’d like to! I wanted to mention a new book, a 2017 debut even, and if it had some diversity, even better, so no sequels, even those from series I’m caught up on. Afetr all, it had to be something special, right? Graffiti (which is illustrated in the book). Friendship. Deaf culture (and deaf characters). Intersectionality. Diversity. I give you: You’re Welcome, Universe by Whitney Gardner.
4. What was your most recent 5 star read?
I don’t do ratings on my blog, because I find it so difficult to do, but sometimes I do it on goodreads, and the last book I read which received a 5 star rating was *drum rolling while I check goodreads* POISON STUDY by Maria V. Snyder. Oh, how I enjoyed that book. It was my first Snyder book and I feel like I started with one of the best ones. I’ve been told that the other ones in the “trilogy” are not as good as that one, so I gave myself some time before continuing, in order not to compare them a lot. I surely want to read more of her books.
FUN/WEIRD Question: You’ve instantly taken the place of the main character in the book you’re currently reading/last read. How screwed are you?
I am currencly reading more than one book, as I sometimes do, but the last book I have read from is The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket, and if you have read or know anything about the series, you probably know I am an orphan, sharing a bed with my two siblings and
working as a slave for living with Count Olaf, my nearest relative, who loves to torture me give me unnecessary chores and whose only purpose is to get the money my deceased parents have left me (which I’m too young to inherit) and get rid of me. Yay! So much fun!
Go follow them, they are amazing! 👍 I am still quite new to the community, so I don’t know that many people. If you see this post and you like it, do it, YOU are also tagged! It’s certainly a fun thing to do. Just tell me so I can add you to the list and check out your answers. And if you have been tagged but you don’t feel like doing it, do not worry about it, you don’t have to do it if you don’t want to.
I’m very unoriginal, so I apologize in advance:
- First something I’m always curious about (sorry 😅). Apart from Goodreads, do you use anything else to track your reading and decide your next reads? (like, do you have a calendar, do you plan deadlines for books, do you have a bullet journal… all the behind the scenes stuff)
- What’s your most read author? And your most-owned author? (you can find your most-read author on goodreads)
- Three books that you don’t mention enough and people rarely talk about.
- What’s the last movie and TV show that you’ve watched? What’s the last book and graphic novel/comic that you’ve read? And the last blog you have visited?
- Fun/weird question. Tell us what you’re reading and place the main character in another book or book series. If you are reading multiple books or would like to place more than one character, that’s totally fine.