I am so happy I decided to have all the news together in a single post, instead of sharing them on my wrap ups, like I did in January, because otherwise I would have missed half of these.
I’m also glad I divided the news into bookish news, TV news and movie news because even though I mostly talk about books in here, I also love TV and movies, and a lot of them are based on books or comic books. Also, most of the news are from TV.
I still need to work on this, however, and find a better way to organize it and write down all the news.
These are all news from last week, from Monday 30th to Sunday 5th.
- Sarah J. Maas was writing a novella about Chaol, from the Throne of Glass series, but that turned out longer than expected so instead of a novella, there will be a full lenght book about Chaol, scheduled for September , 2017 (source)
- The last book in the Throne of Glass series has been pushed to May 1, 2018 (source)
- June marks the 20 years since the publication of the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stoneso in order to celebrate, Bloomsbury announced the 20 Anniversary Edition of the boook, both in paperback and hardcover. Spoiler alert: they are amazing (source)
- J. K. Rowling answered a twitter question regarding Kreacher, the house elf, saying that he died at the age of 666 (source), which might be a joke, given a previous tweet
- Marvel’s new series, Cloak & Dagger, which will premiere on Freeform, has fins its leads: Tyrone Johnson (Cloak) will be played by Aubrey Joseph and Tandy Bowen (Dagger) will be played by Olivia Holt (source). I know I will be watching, will you? More updates as we know more about the cast and the series.
- Supergirl adds Teri Hatcher to its cast as a recurring character (source) She will play a villain, but details are still scarce. It will be great to watch her on Supergirl, given her background (she was Lois Lane in ABC’s Lois & Clark). Funny enough, the actor who played Clark Kent in that TV show was Dean Cain, who is now Jeremiah Danvers on Supergirl. Do you think they will share some screen time? Recently, she has appeared in CBS’s The Odd Couple
- The Shannara Chronicles season 2 has started shooting (source) With that, it was also revealed some new additions to the cast: Malese Jow as Mareth, Vanessa Morgan as Lyria, Desmond Chiam as General Rigam, Gentry White as Garet and Caroline Chikezie as Queen Tamlin.
- Hulu and Marvel are developing a Runaways series and we have some of its cast: Rhenzy Feliz as Alex Wilder, Lyrica Okano as nico Minoru, Virginia Gardner as Karolina Dean, Ariela Barer as Gert Yorkes, Gregg Sulkin as Chase Stein and Allegra Acosta as Molly Hernandez (source). More characters are going to be announced but did they miss your favorite? Which character are you most excited to see?
- We learnt that Nina Dobrev will be returning for The Vampire Diaries season finale as Elena Gilbert (it would be cool if we could see Katherine too) and now we know more people are coming back: Steven R. McQueen, who plays Jeremy (source) and David Anders, who plays John Gilbert (source). Could more people be coming back? There are some rumours about other characters, but no confirmation
- NBC’s The Good Place has been renewed for a second seasond. Like season 1, it will have 13 episodes (source)
- Black Lightning, a DC series originally developed for FOX, has moved to The CW, with a pilot order (source) The CW certainly knows its way around superhero shows, and it’s no surprise this change has happened, since the series is being produced by Greg Berlanti, who is also in charge of Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl (which also moved from another network to The CW)
- Ocean’s 8, a spin-off of the Ocean’s trilogy , has its first official photo. Go to the source to see it. The movie comes out June 8, 2018.
- The Darkest Minds adaptation has cast another character, Zu, who will be played by Miya Cech, joining previously announced characters Ruby (Amandla Stenberg) and Liam (Harris Dickinson) (source)
What are you most excited about? Are there any news I have missed? Let’s discuss them!