I am still not 100% happy with these posts. I love sharing the news but I feel like this might be a bit boring; I didn’t want to add any extra stuff, comments or imagines to avoid it being too long, but it’s already too long, so sorry about that.
These are all news from last week, from Monday 13th to Sunday 19th.
- Philip Pullman has announced a companion trilogy to His Dark Materials, starting with The Book of Dust, which comes out October 19, 2017. Book 1 will take place 10 years prior to The Golden Compass, while book 2 takes place 10 years after the conclusion of His Dark Materials (source)
- They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera cover reveal (source)
- Ringer by Lauren Oliver cover reveal (source)
- Book 3 in the Gold Seer trilogy, by Rae Carson, coming October 10th, has both a title and a cover: Into the Bright Unknown (source)
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt season 3 premiere: May 19th (source)
- Lucifer has been renewed for season 3 (source)
- Ryan Murphy revealed the theme for the seventh season of American Horror Story, and it’s something very recent and indeed, terrifying: the 2016 Presidential Election; the season still has no title (source)
- First trailer for the movie adaptation of Everything Everything by Nicole Yoon (source)
- Another funny Thor video has come out with the release of Doctor Strange in DVD and Blu-ray (source)
- Also with the release of Doctor Strange came some photos and concept art of three of Marvel’s Phase 3 movies: Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor: Ragnarok and Black Panther (source)
- We have a first look at characters Rey, Finn and Poe in Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi thanks to Force Friday II (source)
- Disney’s live-action Mulan movie has found its director: Niki Caro. Joining her we have Bill Kong as executive producer (source)
- There are some rumours about Ben Affleck not wanting to be Batman anymore; he previously abandoned his role as director in the Batman solo film (source)
- Suicide Squad 2 is happening and now there are rumours that Mel Gibson may be directing (source)
- Mary Poppins Returns has cast Angela Lansbury as Balloon Lady (source)
- The Darkest Minds movie has found its Chubs: Skylan Brooks (source)
- The title for the eight episode of Star Wars, The Last Jedi, has been translated to some languages and they have revealed that the word Jedi in the title is used in the plural form, so it’s referencing more than one Jedi; let’s start theorizing now! (source)
- Dante Basco, who played Rufio in 1991’s Hook, has started a Kickstarter campaign with the intention of making a movie about Rufio: Bangarang A Short Fan ilm About Rufio (source)
- A “sequel” for Love Actually is in the works; Red Nose Day Actually, airing March 24, will not be a sequel exactly but a sketch for BBC’s comic relief which will last 10 minuts and will focus on what everyone is up to; most of the cast is going to come back (source)
- Lin-Manuel Miranda made an amazing mix for Galentine’s Day (source)
What are you most excited about? Are there any news I have missed? Let’s discuss them!